Skip to content
Current research projects
- The likely impacts of COVID-19 on local budgets, including cities, counties, and school districts.
- The impacts of technology and artificial intelligence on public sector services and jobs
- The displacement of fiscal and economic risk onto local governments, examining the complexity of financial instruments used by cities, forms of revenue privatization, and the growing structural fiscal precarity of U.S. cities.
- The role of municipal debt in urban fiscal crisis that documents the growing complexity of municipal financial instruments, and the rising influence of ratings agencies on cities’ access to capital and revenue.
- The uneven funding of public education in California, including education foundations, parcel taxes, and state funding formulas